Sunday, August 12, 2012

week 3


So as Jon and I were having a seriously intense conversation about adding cabinets to the dinning room, we look behind us and see this... Mr. Butthead was playing with the water dispenser. I think he was just waiting for a moment we weren't paying attention to pull this one.

Check out Eli's new hat! His Aunt Sarah picked it out. He kept it on as soon as he saw Jon wearing one too. This week's highlights:
We went to Ikea yesterday and got Eli a kid bed. We'll see how he sleeps in it tonight. Jon is putting it together now. Eli currently sleeps on a mattress on the floor. Sometimes he rolls off and wakes himself up. We have a bed rail to add to his new bed.
We also got another cabinet for the bathroom. Hopefully this one works out and we are not returning it like the last one.
This week we also had half of our massive pool deck removed. Once it is gone we plan to add steps down and create a patio in the back yard.
It was also my first week back at work. I think Jon is now seeing just how much work it is to stay at home with a kid. I would come home, and he would ask for 20 mins to chill. I was like "where's my 20 mins?" I didnt even take a lunch.
Eli's new word for the week was "table". Jon and I kept moving the dinning room table around, he said table once very clearly. He will also repeat "Claire" when Jon is yelling to me from another part of the house.
He is still very attached to Jon, and I think he views me as competition for Jon's attention. When I wash his hands or face he screams and thrashes his body. He will calmly protest for Jon under the same situation. The only that calms him down when he is crying because Jon had to step out, is to offer him food. He loves trying new things and there are very few things he does not like. He had freeze dried okra today from Trader Joe's and almost ate the whole bag.

1 comment: