Saturday, July 21, 2012

Weekend Market day and Fun in the Pool

This morning we went to the Weekend market with one of the other adopting families. We took the subway. It was clean and smooth and had TVs in the subway cars. The TVs played very amusing Thai commercials. I think the ride was easier and smoother than taking a cab. It was tricky walking around the tight crowded stalls of the market. I was carrying a backpack and our purchases and Jon carrying a 30lb baby. We only spent half a day there but we were exhausted and ready to head back. Jon found a rock store at the market and was a happy camper after that. I really was not impressed with the price of beads and pearls. I don't know if it was because I was a white farang or if those really were the real asking prices. I could get beading supplies cheaper at bead shows in the US. Again I didn't feel too comfortable taking my camera out at the market, so I didn't get any pictures. All over Bangkok there are signs that say "Beware of Snatch Theft".

I don't know why this picture is sideways...

On our way back from the market we stopped at the "Life Center" a local mall to pick up some bubble tea from our favorite vendor. We have been getting at least one bubble tea per day each.

Eli likes tea too but we are trying not to let him drink it too often. We got him a smoothie from a different vendor. The Thai tea here is ok, its a bit too sweet. In general everything here is too sweet. Sugar is a condiment along with your dinner. People sprinkle sugar over their food. I don't know how Thais are so small considering the amount of sugar in everything. We walked all morning at the market and back to our hotel from the subway, we were hot and sweaty and ready for the pool.





During our first few days here in Bangkok Eli was not too sure about getting into the pool. Now he is a little too comfortable. He will jump in whether we are right there or not, so we have to keep a good eye on him at the pool. I think swimming classes are in order soon after we get back to PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment